Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Surgery Update #2

Tracie got out of surgery at about 10:30 P.M. I spoke with Dr. Belnap who said the surgery was a tricky one but said that it went well. He removed four of the tumors and there hasn't been a discussion yet about the remaining ones. There were no major complications but she lost a lot of blood during the surgery which they replaced. Because of the blood loss, Tracie spent the night in the I.C.U. I was able to see her right after the surgery and she was of course groggy and tired but she and I were able to talk. She wanted me to tell her children that she loved them and was concerened they all made it to bed on time. I spoke with the nurse this morning and she told me that Tracie would probably be moved to a general care unit sometime this morning. They already removed one of the many tubes that are running to Tracie. Every tube that goes away is one step closer to going home. We expect to be staying in the hospital until Sunday or maybe a little longer. Tracie will set a goal of getting out as soon as possible and my money is on her. The nurse said she didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I am hoping that once we move to the other unit she will be able to rest more. I will be able to visit her again around 8:00 this morning and I will have more information about the stats on the tumors and what to expect for long term recovery. Please don't call Tracie at the hospital. I am possitive that when she feels better she won't be able to stay away from the phone and will want to speak to all of you. Thank you for all of your prayers and support. Tracie is one seriously tough gal and will be doing the usual amazing things we all expect from her in no time.

1 comment:

  1. Tracie, We love you and have been praying for you. We know Heavenly Father will take care of you. Thanks Jared for the updates. We will be looking for them. Happy that the surgery went well. Love you forever, Lynn and Linda

    ReplyDelete