Saturday, January 17, 2009

Adam turns 8!

Well eight years ago today, January 16, 2001, I had a sweet 6 lb 4 oz baby boy with very little hair and a dimple in his chin. I remember it very clearly, he was licking his lips and was starving. He has always been a Momma's Boy, and wouldn't stop crying until I held him to my chest. Not much has changed, he is still a Momma's boy and tells me I am his favorite person. I am always touched by the sentiment, and feel the awesome responsibility as a mother to protect and teach him what he needs to know.

What a day we had. Adam woke up earlier than his usual 6:30 am he was so excited. He had asked for a new DS game and a few other things. He gets to go to scouts now so he also got his new scout uniform. He is almost as excited about scouts as he is about getting baptized.

One of our birthday traditions is to take the birthday boy or girl to lunch. I checked Adam out of school and we went to his choice or Olive Garden. A new Olive Garden just opened in October and he has been so excited to go there and requested it months ago. Jared had to go to St. George for work so it was just Adam and me. He was thrilled to get ravioli, salad, breadsticks, lemonade and alfredo sauce for his bread. We took a picture, but it wasn't a great one, I will post it later.

After a stop at Costco to pickup the baptism invites, I took him back to school. I have a sweet neighbor that offered to help me with the baptism invitations. She did them digitally and included photos of Adam and his two cousins. They are all being baptized together since they are only 10 days apart. Anyway, I got them from Costco, which saved me a ton of time and money. I am still up for a major project and this was a huge lifesaver. Thanks Jeannie!!!!

Adam went back to school for the last 2 hours of school. He got a new book from his teacher and he shared his birthday treats (laffy taffy) with is class. He thought his teacher had forgotten and was pleased that she didn't. He requested chicken rolls, potatoes, peas and chocolate cake for dessert for his birthday dinner. It was a lot of work, but I was able to get it all done by 6:30. We were going to take him and the kids mini golfing, but he changed his mind. He wanted a quiet night at home. Jared and I were not disappointed. Jared has got a head cold, and I still tire easily, and was grateful for the rest.

It was a busy day, and so Saturday has been a lazy day. We have all rested and taken it easy. Jared is not feeling well, with sinus pressure and a cough. I am doing better. Not quite myself completely, but it's coming. I never imagined I would feel so much better two weeks ago when I left the hospital. I see the doctor again this evening for a check up, so we hope he increases my lifting options. Luke still needs me to lift and cuddle him, and I need it to. I am hoping to get the weight increased to at least 25 pounds. I'll let you know what he says.

I did take a walk around the block today, it was freezing cold (28 degrees). It was more painful than I thought it would be, but I am at least, starting to stand up straight. We will try again in a few days. Slowly but surely, things will get better.

1 comment: