Friday, January 23, 2009

Three weeks and counting

Well, this week has been pretty anti-climatic. I have been tired but I know that I am on the mend. This has been a boost to my mental state as I can see that this too will end. I saw the Dr last Saturday. He gave me a clean bill of health, and said that he didn't need to see me again unless I need something. I can return to work when I feel up to it, and need to get a follow up MRI in a few months, and then in another 3 years to see if anything changes. I won't be on any medication and can return to normal activity, (IE running!!!!) at about 6 weeks. Yeah!

I will go back to work officially the first week of February. I am going to try and work for a few hours before that, to see how I feel. By then it will be about 5 1/2 weeks and I should do fine. The pain has decreased, and I find, if I don't push myself to much, I have less pain. So, I have been doing a lot of reading, and hanging out. Jared has dragged me out of the house a couple of times to go to the grocery store, and walk around a bit. Which has been great. I can't push a cart full of groceries for long, as it causes me pain. So I am okay with not shopping by myself for now. I don't go out and so I don't spend money. That is not such a bad thing.

I am so grateful for the many meals that have be brought in to us. It has helped tremendously, to not think about what we will have for dinner and how I will get it made. I haven't had to think about it until now, and that has been so helpful. So, thank you to all of you who brought meals. You are my hero.

We actually have been pretty relaxed this week. Monday was a holiday, and we just stayed at home for the day. Adam and Drew went sledding at the local park, but other than that we hung out at home. I read a good book called "These is my words" by Nancy E. Turner. I enjoyed it very much. I highly recommend it to everyone. Other than the usual, piano lessons, chorus, and scouts, we have been home bodies. It is always nice to be home and not be so crazy. And it has been a welcome change. Hopefully, we have learned a lesson. Less is definitely more.

1 comment:

  1. Tracie you are amazing! "These is my words" is one of my favorite books. It is all about...enjoying the journey. You are so great at making the most of every moment. I can hardly wait to catch up - sorry we are playing phone tag. Luv, Mel

    ReplyDelete