Friday, January 9, 2009

Home Update #3

Life keeps On.

I am very sorry to keep everyone waiting. I have been a little busy. Now that Tracie has been home I have had a chance to run to the office and catch up on a little work. I have gone when the kids are at school and Tracie and Luke go down for an afternoon nap. She has quite the life, no real duties at home and lots of napping. On Wednesday Tracie went for a follow up check-up at the doctors office. He took out the gnarley train track looking staples from her incision and did an overall check on Tracie's mid-section. He pushed around a little on Tracie's tummy and hit a tender spot which produced a pretty good moan. She has been in some pain on her right side and the doctor was a little concerned. He ordered a CAT scan and Tracie and I went to St. Marks hospital to see what was up. I think he was trying to rule out any internal bleeding, infection or digestive problems. To check out the digestive system they make you drink a contrast called Barium Sulfate. This stuff is really gross. I made fun of the Banana Smoothie flavor and told Tracie she should picture sitting at a Juice bar. She didn't think I was funny and I made her cry. Everything checked out good and there will be no more procedures for now. Those of you who think I'm sappy will be happy to know that I scolded her for being a wimp and for crying over a Banana Smoothie. I have also made her get out of bed and help get the kids to school in the mornings, so there! Tracie is getting better every day. Her attitude has improved in a major way. I think she was afraid of having to be Mom again so we are easing our way back into a normal life. Tracie is still taking a few pain pills but they are getting less frequent and this helps her not to be as tired. She isn't healed yet but making good progress. I made her sign a document that she wont break again for a very long time. This will help all of our worrying and fretting. It will help the bank account a little too. Our family has really appreciated all of the little things our neighbors, family and friends have done to help us. This has made things a whole lot easier to handle. Thank You! I know that all of us are worried about the state of affairs in our nation right now. Take it from a guy who very possibly could have lost his best friend. It will all be alright if you have your family and other people that are close to you, even if you happen to not have as much "stuff." This event has refocused our family to invest our time in each other. Nothing could be more important than that. There are some of you that would like to help any way you can and we know a way. Today and for the rest of the weekend ,if possible, show each other how much love can do. That will be the best help of all. I am now calling off the no calls or visits moratorium so come and get her. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

  1. Our prayers are with you all--keep up the good work! Tracie, sometimes it helps to have a flat pillow to hug--it helped my mom after old fashioned gall bladder surgery. It helped remind others, too, that she was a bit more fragile than usual.

    Keep on healing! We are rooting for you! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete