Saturday, January 3, 2009

Post Op Update #5

Let's blow this joint!

Tracie did such a great job yesterday that when the crazy doctor showed up at 10:00 p.m. he decided to let her go home. Oh Ye-aah!! My wife kicks butt. She beat the expected departure by a whole day. Check out is at 11:00 so we should be home in time for lunch, mmm more food. The nurse will be removing the I.V. lines, the two drains and also the two small lines for the Lidocaine which is about done anyway. We go home tube free. Tracie is a little frightened that she is going to hurt at home. I told her not to worry she could take all the pain killers she needed for now and they were not going to run out. Tracie is still not feeling all that well and is tired. I am sure all of you will understand when I request that you hold your phone calls and visits until next week. If you want to send your best, leave a comment on the blog and I will make sure she gets it. Don't worry she looks great and is as pretty as ever. You would have to see the scars to tell she has had anything wrong. I have touched, hugged and kissed her and I know that she is still here. Don't worry. I am always willing to dole out hugs and kisses for anyone jut let me know I'll deliver. Leaving the hospital is only a step in the total recovery, a huge step, but still a step. She still needs help getting out of bed and will need time for her stomach muscles to heal. I have taken all of next week off and will be there to play nurse, which I do pretty well. We appreciate all of the support and Tracie and I will see all of you very soon. I will still be updating Tracie's progress every day until she tells me she figures she can do it on her own. Talk to you tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear Jared! Tracie. I swear you are the coolest! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracie, I am so glad that you are doing ok and know you will be doing much bettter getting to eat things other than hospital food. Jared thanks for taking care of my friend. You are a fantastic nurse. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracie, Yay - you get to go home! Just want to let you know you are in my prayers and thoughts, and I hope all goes well with the move home. Jared -- thanks so much for keeping us posted and up-to-date with how your beautiful wife is doing!
    Love,
    Lynnette Stratton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracie,

    I have been feeling like am not fulfilling my brotherly duties because Candice and I haven't been able to come and visit or call the hospital. It sounds like I have been following Dr J's(Jared's) orders. Most of us have been sick since last week. We have been reading the blog and keeping tabs on your status. We have been praying for you and will be fasting tomorrow for your recovery. It is nice to see the softer more caring side of you, Nubby. Jared thanks for keeping us all updated through the blog, you have been doing a great job.

    Love,

    Aaron and Candice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracie,
    Hey I hope you get feeling better. It sounds like things have went better than planned. Yeah! I am sure you are counting down until those 8 weeks so you can start running. Good Luck and Hang in there.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete