Sunday, January 4, 2009

Home Recovery #1

Home sweet home!

Tracie was a little apprehensive about coming home. She thought her children would want to jump on and love her too much. It turns out when you show the kids the creepy wound they back off and help take care of mom. Last night Tracie finally got some good rest this is important to maintain that beautiful glow. We are all settling into our usual rolls all except for Dad. I have taken on a couple of new responsibilities. I am now Dad, Mom and Nurse. It was a little overwhelming at first but I am getting into a groove. I think I'll live. Things are much quieter at home than in the hospital this gives Tracie an opportunity to get caught up on good rest. The only problem is she is getting a little lazy and has to be reminded to get up and move. She still does laps and guppy exercises only now she has a small flight of stairs added to the workout (no problem for this mama). Now that we are at home I have been able to see the scar in all it's glory. I did not have anything to do with it, but it seems the surgeon decided to put my first initial right on the front of my wife. Combined with the c-section scar it is the letter J with an underline for emphasis, J pretty cool. I now have my own brand so if you see this symbol on anything, hands off! The pain medication is doing it's job, although Tracie is showing more signs of soreness. This will retreat in the coming days and I promise I am taking the Mom role all the way (no work for the real mommy). Tracie will have the staples that hold things together removed tomorrow and has been instructed not to lift more than ten pounds for eight weeks. This also means no running for the same period. I know she has been dying to go out and splash in the slush but I am afraid this will have to wait, bummer. Tracie is glad to be able to snuggle with her children and luckily for them she can't go anywhere. The kids are drinking in the attention. We are happy to have our mommy back there was a short time during surgery when we had our doubts. We are lucky! Thank you everybody for all your great encouragement it really helps. I think we are seeing a hint of normal now and we could not have done it without support.
See you later.

1 comment:

  1. Jared, You are THE FUNNIEST ! I love your blogging skills! Very Nice! Michael and I are very impressed with your mommy, daddy, nurse skills. We send energy vibes in your direction!

    ReplyDelete