Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day 11-02-10

Today was a busy day. I spent the day running errands and preparing for Madi's baptism. Jared worked from home today. Remember I said he was feeling weird yesterday? Well, it got worse. By 3 am he was having trouble getting his muscles to move. He has had this before, so we were not really concerned but he was jittery and feeling sluggish. He was in some pain as well. By 3:15 he decided to go for a walk to see if that would help. I was concerned about him and went with him. The stars were beautiful at that time of the morning, and there was no traffic. It was a little chilly however. He tried to run, and that was funny. He looked like Steve Martin when he ran in "The Jerk". A little slow and very little coordination. We both got a kick out of it. He was in his slippers, shorts and a sweatshirt. He still could not relax when got home, so we watched a little TV. By the time we got back to bed it was about 4:30. Needless to say, we slept in. He decided he would be more productive from home. I ran to his office to so he could finish his work at home. He is doing much better now, he probably got more done, since no one could bug him.

I spent the morning finding scriptures for Madi. I went to the distribution center in Orem for the best selection. Of course, she requested the one set that was on backorder. Deseret Book did have what we needed, but it was the one at the mall and not the one next to the Dist. center. It was more money, but it matched the bible we got her. I have gotten each of the kids a set of genuine leather scriptures and a bag for them to carry them to church. She requested pink scriptures, but settled for a pink bag since pink or white were not available. It took three weeks for her decide so I couldn't change that. I figure it is something they will have for the rest of their lives, so we get the best. I did find a hot pink patent leather quilted scripture "purse". It ended up being $4.99 on sale. It is perfect. I was so grateful, the only other one that was a remote possiblity was $25. She will love it. I did have to back to the dist center because I wanted the embossing on both books to be the same for name. My errands also included a full length slip, flower for her hair and new sparkly silver ballet flats to go with her dress. She is ready to go.

We filled the pinata with the candy we found at the $1 store for half price. You can't go wrong with Hersheys chocolate, starburst, jolly ranchers, double bubble gum, and licorice. I also found a few other trinkets. With the exception of paper for the tables and a costco run, we are ready. The rest of this week will be busy. I work tomorrow, thursday and friday. Luckily no late shifts so it shouldn't be hard to get everything organized. I am a planner and feel much better when things are done in advance.

I had a lunch meeting for the MRIpad today. I have been offered a new opportunity. I am not sure if it will work and will share that with you when I figure it out.

Drew's math teacher called to inform me that he failed Algebra last quarter. I was unaware that his tests were a large part of his grade and he didn't test well. We thought if he turned in his homework, he would do fine. Not so. He will have to make up the quarter doing "packets" . He is also going to be transfer ed out of the period he is in. He is capable of better, and his teacher felt it would be better to get him away from some of his friends. I agree. It may mess up his schedule, but it may be better in the long run. I am very disappointed, however, I know this is for his growth as well as mine. We will figure it out.

I scored 11 points today. I voted today and scored a bonus point. I am glad I did. It is my duty as a citizen to vote my beliefs. I am more of an independent voter than I thought. I feel it is best to listen to both sides and do what I feel is right for me and my family. If we as a Americans aren't willing to take advantage of the opportunities we have, they may be taken away. I think many felt the same this year. As the country as asked for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment