Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Space Derby

I didn't get much done at home today. I spent the day running errands. I slept in until 6:30 this morning. Jared got up to exercise, so I joined him and Adam. We did arms today.

I went shopping today, while Luke was at school. I found a ton of things. I had to put things back so I didn't spend too much money. I needed new jeans and some sweaters. Jared needed a few shirts. I picked up a few stocking stuffers as well. I scored. I found a pair of CK jeans in the clearance section for $16.99. I found that sweaters are cheaper in the junior section then the women's. They were also less picked over. I found three. One on clearance for $6. I had a good time. I haven't had time to do that for a long time. I spent most of my day running errands. Picked up a few prescriptions, bought a new pair of shoes for Adam, and new sock for Madi and Luke. Adam's coat is too small, so I went looking for that. The one I found will have to go back, it is too small as well. Darn it.

I attended Drew's SEOP today. That is a fancy word for saying appointment with the school counselor. We were trying to determine the path he wants to take for high school. I was surprised that he was so determined to go to college in the Mechanical Engineering field. That hasn't changed since he was in the 4th grade. He just has to kick it in gear now. He has also decided he wants to run for student council next year. I think that would be a good thing. He has a lot of more talent than he things, and he can influence others for good.

We had the space Derby today. Jared and Adam made the rocket. It was a little late starting, but they got there on time. Adam had a good time and it was a fun event overall. They even had a bagpipe serenade to start. One of the Leaders plays the drum for a bagpipe band. THAT was cool. He didn't win but he had a great time and he learned a lot. The scout leaders did a great job setting up a course between two scaffolding. Thanks Guys.

I scored 10 points today. I am looking forward to a break soon. I could use a Dr. Pepper. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment