Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 7, day 1

Today is a rainy day. The weather has changed dramatically from last week. Lots of rain, wind and drop in temp about 20 degrees. Friday and Saturday the were in the upper 60's. Fall has finally arrived, I think for good. We have lots of yard work to do, but it will have to wait until the weekend when we have time.

Typical monday chores so far. Laundry, clean up the house, and today grocery shopping. Shopping on monday is pretty calm. One child and the stores are not busy. I have been out of quite a few things so I had to stock up today. They had a decent sale on steaks so we picked up a few of those as well. We have Oven Baked Stew, Fish Tacos, Spaghetti Casserole, Sweet potato corn chowder, and Mac and Cheese on the menu this week. I just hope to get them all made this week. Because I work three days this week, I have to make things easy. Jared is very helpful in the evenings when I am not home and that makes a huge difference. As long as I have a menu, he follows it pretty good. I try to make sure they are things that are easy for him as well. Fish tacos are his specialty. Sweet potato corn chowder is a new one, but one I hope to put in the crock pot. We will have leftovers at least once this week. I think I like shopping on Monday and will try it again next week. I hope I got enough milk.

Homework with the kids today was a task. Each of the boys feel overwhelmed when they have to much to do. They seem to fold and are paralyzed to move forward. I get frustrated more than I should. Anyone have suggestions how to help them stay on task without getting frustrated? Adam needs help with his multiplication tables. That would probably help. I am working on that. Trying to keep up with Drew and his 7 classes is a challenge. He forgot his math book today. We went to get it and his teacher was unavailable. He also had three assignments in his notebook, mostly finished and due last friday. UGH!

I scored 69 points last week. I started week seven today. I am still doing pretty well, but have been craving more sweets. Mostly because they are around, so I am hoping it gets better. Switching to whole grain hasn't been that difficult. I am going to try to transition to whole wheat flour, and need to get a grinder, and wheat. That would be the first step I guess. lol I haven't stored things that I didn't think I would eat. Time to start with the wheat. I did yoga this morning and came home to find the rest of my family doing P90 X with Daddy. I was impressed to find Jared sweating and in good spirits about it. Adam and Drew were also doing push ups and a cool down. Luke had even tried his own version of push ups that looked more like a "stink bug". They were all pleased with themselves. Due to the time change everyone was up earlier than usual. Way to go Daddy and Boys. Madi saw what they were doing, and turned around and went upstairs to watch TV. She wasn't interested in joining the group.

We read scriptures today as a family. Drew left and we were done. Adam is in charge of family night tonight. He wants to do the story of Jacob and Esau from the bible. He read the story in the bible and was intrigued. We found the story in the Old Testament Reader for him to share. Madi wanted to keep reading scriptures so I let her. Adam was not happy about her reading aloud. It was annoying him and he told her so. I hope someday they get to be friends all the time, instead of just occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment