Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Adam's first dessert


Adam made his first dessert today. He was asked to make something for den meeting tomorrow. We blew it last week and forgot, so we made sure we did not forget this week. He made "Fruity Rice Crispies." He took his job very seriously. He covered the pan with butter as well as his hands before pressing it into the pan. I had him wash his hands first of course. He melted the butter in the pan then added the marshmallows. When they had melted to creamy, he added them to the 7 C of Crispies. He stirred until well blended and poured onto the cookie sheet. We let them cool for a few hours before we cut them. He placed them on a plate stacked in a pyramid. He was very meticulous about the pyramid. Here is the recipe we made up for the occasion:


1 cube of butter

3-4 C marshmallows

7 C. Crispie Rice cereal


Anyone know how to get them crunchy? We always do them chewy. I am sure they tasted delicious. I refrained. :)


I scored 10 points today. I ran 5 + miles today. It was a little slower, but further than I have gone in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment