Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference

Today was a good day. I went to the temple today while Luke was at school. He really loves it. I may increase his days. Right now he only attends on Wednesdays. My schedule is crazy and I don't want to overwhelm myself. But he loves it. So we will see. I did sealings today. I was so tired I was falling asleep waiting my turn. I just had to take a "sleepy" when I got home. It was glorious ;) .

We had parent teacher conference this afternoon for the elementary school. We saw Madi's teacher first. She is doing pretty good. Her reading last spring was at a 16. She is a good little reader, however, she has dropped to a 10. That means that she has been reading books that are too difficutl for her. I thought that was the case over the summer, but she is a very stubborn girl. (Jared says she is like her mother. I don't know what he is talking about.) Anyway, we will work on improving her reading and be more proactive in her daily reading. She also takes a bit long to do her work. She is a bit of a perfectionist, and will work on increasing her speed and not erasing her work.

They had a bookfair at the school as well. I thought we had Adam's SEP shortly after Madi's. Well it was a bit longer than expected. Even after we spent 20 minutes looking for books, and Adam picked out his Ferrari Poster we still had 40 minutes. They were selling $5 pizza for $8 with the PTA. I was not in the mood to entertain the kids, so we had dinner in the cafeteria. I did get a chance to visit with a friend and that was nice. I don't get to do that very often these days.

Adam's teacher says he is doing well. Except for the 5 assignments he is missing. We brought those home for him to finish this week. He even had all the assignments in his desk. Not done of course, but they were there. He is a chatter box, and gets along with everyone. We just need to work on getting all his assignments done and turned in. Then again, we still have to do that with Drew and he is in 8th grade.

I scored 9 points today. I had pizza for dinner with the kids. Good thing there is a bonus point avaiable for cleaning the fridge. I read about Aaron and the tabernacle in the Book of Exodus, I like that scripture. I also read the Friend with the Kids. It rained most of the day, so I exercised at home. I do like my 10-minute trainer videos. It kicked my can. I love it.

Overall, it was a very good day. I even finished the laundry and that makes it a ever better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment