Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday, Oct.16th

What a day! We accomplished a lot today.

I slept in until almost 7 am. I went running at 7:30 with a group of four today. It was a little more relaxed than I am used to, but so fun. I started running with a few ladies that want to step it up. They have been running before but want to plan some new goals. I need some consistency with my running so I figured it was a win win. I have talked these ladies into doing a triathlon next year. We are all turning 40 and need a goal.

Jared was up a little before me. He went to bed early last night so woke up early. He is trying to get reset his internal clock. He is feeling better and wants to start exercising. I am so glad he is feeling better for the most part. His tummy has been rolling today unfortunately. He said he couldn't sleep anymore. He was thinking of all the things he wants to do and those he needs to do. Our yard needs some ward done--trimming shrubbery, pulling the garden, the pasture needs work, and one of our fence posts in the back fence needs to be raised. He chose the fence post. Winter is coming. The fence post is attached to the gate to the back pasture. It has sunk, making it difficult to open when there is ice and snow on the ground in the winter. He had to dig out the post by hand, then reset it. He spent the morning digging, mixing concrete, pouring concrete and making his post "plumb". His little 3 year old side kick was so excited to help. They were very cute working together. The post took longer to set then expected. The concrete he thought was Quik-set, was actually not. It was set before dark, but the only that needs to be finished is the latch hardware. That will have to wait until tomorrow. He mended a few things around the house and replaced some lightbulbs as well.

After my run, I rounded up Madi and Adam to work in the yard. Madi mowed the edges of the yard, Adam scooped the poop and I trimmed. Jared was going to mow, because it was his turn. We fight about who gets to mow. We both like to mow. Trimming is not our favorite. Anyway, he went to get materials for the fence, light bulbs, and gorilla glue to repair a few things around the house. I trimmed the yard. It had been awhile, so it took a little while. It looks beautiful though. After I trimmed, I started on the mowing. I got mostly through the side yard before he got back. He wasn't pleased, but he was busy, so I got to finish. hehe I love to mow. It is something that gets done around the house that stays done. Its not like housework. Once it is done it stays done and looks awesome. Adam did the blower when I was done. He and Madi did a good job. Madi is new to the task but loves it.

Once the yard was done, it was on to the next task. Madi and I addressed her Baptism invitations. She decided she wanted to invite her teachers from school, her primary class and a few neighbors. She did a good job. We will deliver the ones we don't mail tomorrow.

Next, Jared and I did our shopping. We were both tired by this time and it went pretty quick. Jared's tummy was not feeling so we hurried. Once we got home we got the groceries put away and decided to take a break. Luke was having a melt down because I wouldn' t let him play with the sugar letters I got at the store for "Madi's Birtday" cake. (I love the way he says birthday, so I keep asking him to day it) He needed snuggles, so I obliged. He fell asleep in about 10 minutes. Jared and I snoozed too. It felt so good.

I made awesome chili for dinner. I am going to post the recipe. It is a Weight Watcher's recipe, I got from my Aunt MB. It is a great recipe for the coming fall, and it is all legal for my challenge.

WW Chili
----------
1 lb Ground Turkey (I used 93% Lean ground beef)
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cumin
28 oz Crushed Tomatoes
15 oz Kidney beans (I used Chili beans and Black Beans)
1 Chopped onion
1 can Green Chilies
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste

Brown turkey, onion and garlic until done. Add remaining ingredients and simmer. I doubled the recipe. I don't know the points count. I will find out though. My family loved it. I served it with cornbread.

It was another busy day. It went very quick. I am headed to the shower then bed. I scored 10 points today. I also did my bonus challenge this week and wrote a note to a friend I have lost touch with. It was a quiet day for the most part. Drew is still gone with his friend. I have missed him today. Adam spent the afternoon hanging out with a friend. He had a lot of fun playing lacrosse and whittling. Madi went to a friends while we went shopping. Her friend had hurt her arm and had a wrap on it, so she decided she needed a arm sling. Kids are funny. Luke is growing up so fast. He is this little boy that tries to reason with me about things. His speech is improving. He is very fun and we are enjoying every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment