Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 2 Week 2

I blogged yesterday on my blackberry. Hit the wrong button and lost it. I am technology challenged. What can I say?

We saw the Dr for Jared's back today. It went well. The Dr recommended a transforaminal epidural injection to introduce a steroid directly into the spinal canal. He will have it done next Wednesday. We are waiting for the right dr to do the procedure. Surgery is the last resort. Jared has three herniated discs, with associated annular tear of the disc and nerve impingement in L3, L4, and L5. That means that he has pain in his back with pain down his legs. His pain is real. He felt justified to hear it from someone else. They gave him a new medication to help with the pain and help his nerves to relax. He has taken one already and can feel a difference. He was pleased with the fact that it is not a narcotic. Taking drugs makes you kind of "heady" about them. He says it plays games with your head. Do you take it because you need it or because you want it? With the stigma that pain meds have and the problems that they can bring, I can understand what he is feeling.

I hope that he will feel the relief. I would really like my not so grumpy husband back. We will let you know how things go.

I scored 10 points today. I like looking for ways to serve others especially my family. My new favorite snack is dried blueberries and cashews. Fiber and Protein. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment