Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday, Oct 24, 2010

Sundays are usually a restful day. However, I was on call today. I have been called in twice so far. Once before church then once in the middle of sacrament meeting. Funny story. I dropped my pager this morning and the battery fell out. This reset all the settings on my pager, including the time, date and the usual "Vibe" settings. Well, I reset the settings with the exception of the alarm setting. So in the middle of a beautiful Cello and Piano duet this loud high pitched beeping goes off. I looked around to see who's phone had just gone off and realized it was me. Embarrassing. Jared just smiled and I quickly turned it off. I waited for the song to end before I hurried out to check it. It was awesome. I returned in time to hear the last 15 minutes of the lesson. It was on Brother Bednar's talk from conference about teaching our children the gospel. I am so glad I went. Sister Pearson, the teacher, is always very insightful. I love her lessons. It was inspiring and gave some great suggestions, for letting the spirit teach. Allow for the opportunity and don't be afraid to share your testimony with your children at unplanned moments. I will try to look for those opportunities.

Jared was in charge of dinner today because I was not really available. He pulled out a roast and put it in the crock pot. He seared the roast and then added carrots, onions and potatoes. He seasoned it with the spices from the cupboard. He is very creative and it always tastes amazing. He even made gravy, that was delicious.

I spent the evening doing 8th grade homework. Not fun. Drew is failing 2 classes and has a d- in another. He is missing assignments, that have been mostly finished in his black hole of a notebook. He is grounded for the next 2 weeks because he lied to us about having all his homework turned in. He was pretty upset about missing the school dance and trick-or-treating. Nevertheless, it is a consequence to the choices he made. It sucks being a parent sometimes.

I just finished week 4 of my challenge. I scored 68 points this week, due to Madi's birthday. I am not looking forward to a busy week of work everyday through Thursday. I hope it goes better than I expect.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Tracie. I am enjoying your blog entries. Get Drew doing his brain gym exercises. Maybe you can get him on an incentive program like you are doing to change his habits in a positive way with points (like yours, only modified) that he can do on his level. Nothing like a challenge and help him be on the trail of the Eagle. It helps (supposed to anyway) a young man become responsible. Love, Grandma Mattie

    ReplyDelete