Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday, 10.18.10

We had a good day today. We started our day with scripture study and breakfast together. I did homework with Adam and Madi before school so we wouldn't have to do it after school. Adam had some extra work to do. Remember the missing homework from SEPs? Well this is the last week of the quarter so it has to be done. He finished all of it with the exception of a sheet of cursive. That he finished at school. However, he brought home his new homework for the day and a half sheet of math that needed to be done. So we did that after school. I helped "remind" the kids to do their chores. Madi was admonished to one to many times and had to wait to play because she was weeping and wailing about vaccuming and sweeping. Drew wasn't pleased with me either. He asked me to sign a paper saying he had studied for his science test. I actually made him study. I know somehting of the subject of energy. What a mean mom.( I just hope it helps him on his test.)

I did the usual 8 loads of laundry, cleaned house and paid bills. I got to spend some quality time with Lukey today. He watched Fox and the Hound, Chicken Run, Bug's life and Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I did work on the computer while I sat with him. He is so fun lately. His reasoning is so cute and he makes us laugh. Especially when he is telling us a story. Yesterday he told both Jared and I the same story at different times. "I not the one that left the toys on the floor in the bathroom after my baf. It Adam who took them out of the baf." Which is technically true. Adam went into take a bath after Lukey. He took the toys out and put them on the floor out of the tub. But he was the one that put them in the tub in the first place. We both laughed, a lot. Its something new everyday. We love it. We know we are lucky to have him.

We had Chicken Divan for dinner. Here is my version of the recipe:

2 Cans reduced fat Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Skim Milk
1 C light Mayo
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp Garlic Salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 C Cubed cooked chicken or turkey
4 C cooked Brown rice
2 C fresh or frozen broccoli
1 C. Cheese

Combine soup, milk, mayo, lemon juice and spices until smooth. In a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish, layer first the rice, then the broccoli, chicken,sauce and cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbly.
*Time saver tip: Use rotisserie chicken pulled of the carcass or packaged all white meat chicken packaged in 4 Lbs pkg from Costco. You get about 8 cups of chicken. Put in the freezer for quick use later for another meal.

Jared has accomplished his latest task of pulling all the music off the ipods to the computer. He had to get a new battery for his iPod, that was not charging. We now have working iPods with actual music we can listen to on each. Yeah, now I have music when I run or ride my bike. Way to go Daddy.

I scored 10 points today. I did slow Yoga today. It was way hard, and I am sore already. Thanks Sus. I love making sure I go to bed early, reading my scriptures and serving others. I find myself looking for new things to do daily. This is week 4 day 1. Almost 1 month and half way there. Yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment