Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Luke and his preschool friends, N and J. They made these cute visors at school.They had animals and Noah and his Ark on them. It was someones birthday and Sister Bailey had a beach party for them. They were so pleased.

It was the first snowfall of the year. Four inches. All the trees still have leaves so they were very laden with weight. It didn't last long. We still have some snow where there was shade. We got new snow gear for those that did not have it. Drew and Adam got new boots and all the boys got new "glubs" as Luke would say. Drew's feet are huge. He is now a size 10 and probably 5' 6 1/2" tall. It is surreal to hug him now that he is almost as tall as I am. The kids spent about an hour playing in the snow. They were all warm and dry.

I had a semi leisurely day. Ran errands while Luke was at school. Went visiting teaching and had brunch with a gal I have taught for the entire time I have been in the ward--8 years. She has had health issues the past few years. She is on the up side from Leukemia. She had a bone marrow transplant 8 months ago. She is a very inspiring lady. We have experienced similar things in life. She is a little older than me, and I have learned a lot from her courage. The relief society presidency wanted to make changes to my route last year and take her away from me. I have lost most of the others I had, which is fine, I don't mind getting to know new people. But this sister and I have been through a lot in the last 8 years together. I told them no, she was going through a difficult time and I did not think it was wise to change things. I felt it was the best thing at the time, and I am glad I did.

I scored 9 points today. I am tired and need to sleep in tomorrow. I need a break from the 5:15 am alarm. 6:30 sounds glorious. I did yoga today. It was great. I had a cat nap and my uplifting reading was reading stories to my 3 year old as he snuggled down and we both fell asleep. I loved it. He won't be little forever. I am trying to enjoy it while i can.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tracie for sharing your thoughts here today. You will be sooooo glad you did and have the memories of your day to day events with your life and your children, especially. They are young only once. Anything you can to do capture the moments and memories made are priceless. Kind of like scrap booking only in words. Know what I mean? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete