Monday, October 25, 2010

Baking Powder Biscuits



Another crazy monday. Worked 11 hours. Jared drove Jr high carpool, dropped off Luke and made dinner. He attempted to make biscuits without success. I got home and both Madi and Luke, said "Mommy, will you make biscuits? Daddy did it wrong." It was very cute and funny, to me. Daddy didn't think it was so funny. I can't fault him, I have more expericence. I have been making "Clabber Girl Baking Powder biscuits" since I was 8.It was on the back of the container. I have modified it a little. Here is my recipe:

Tracie's Baking Powder Biscuits

3 1/2 C. sifted white or wheat flour


2 Tbsp. Baking powder


2 tsp Salt


2/3 C. Crisco Shortening


1 1/2 C Skim Milk





Sift all the dry ingredients together. Add Shortening and use a pastry cutter to combine. It will look like cornmeal when you are done. Add milk and mix just until combined. Roll out on floured surface. Cut out bisccuits with the top of a cup, or a bottle ring from a canning jar. Bake at 425 degree oven on an ungreased cookie sheet. Makes about 20-22 biscuits. Bake for 10-12 min. They are yummy. Brush with butter after removing from the oven.





They are a favorite at our house. We serve them with chicken noodle soup, topless chicken pot pie, and stew. Enjoy!





I earned 9 points today. No exercise today, there was no time.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Tracie. You reminded me that I told you once when you asked if you could learn to cook. I said that ,"If you can read, you can cook.!" You did indeed. Never afraid to try new things, and you love to cook, too!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete