Friday, October 22, 2010

War of Wills

Tonight we went to the school carnival. It was decent and had a "Haunted Stage". Madi wanted to go thru it so badly, then was terrified. They ran out of food after 8 pm so the kids just got soda and Adam got pasta.

Luke threw a tantrum before getting in the car because he had to wait to drink his soda till we got home. It escalated to Jared pulling over to let him out of the car and walk home.

Although we were only 100 yds from home Adam and Madi also burst into tears and held on tight to Luke,screaming "No! Daddy". Jared got back in the car and gave them all a stern look. I couldn't help it and burst into silent laughter. That sent Jared into silent laughter while the three sobbed in the back seat. I laughed so hard I was crying.
Well, he is still crying and Jared has put him on the front porch until he calms down. He opens the door every 1 minute and talks to him. Its been 20 minutes. He only has to say "Sorry Daddy" and Daddy will snuggle him. He has refused and has resorted to ringing the doorbell. He wants me to save him but I can't. It's one Bull headed man against an equally bull headed boy.

He has apologized and is now snuggled in Daddy's arms. I can see this will not be the last time they go head to head. He is only 3! We are in trouble.

I worked 10 hours today. Nice day that went quick. I scored 10 points today. My internal clock woke me up at 5 am. I am tired. Looking foward to a day off tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The best of parents are ones who can say "no" to their kids. Congratulations, Jared. You DID. They get over their (hurt)feelings, but in the end they are glad you gave them enough discipline to help them be better people and will thank you some day. Maybe not in those words. . . but when times get tough and they have to make their own decisions, parents are pleased when their kids show some self-discipline and turn out right!!!They thank you when they get out on missions, go to the temple when they get married and thank you for not giving up on them to make right, good decisions.
    That is when "the joy in your posterity comes."
    Carry on. You are both doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete