Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Madi Goes to Achievement Days


Madi's 8th Birthday is tomorrow. Her best friend HJ's Mom is in charge of Achievement Days. She invited Madi to come today. She also gave her a welcome kit, which included a note, flashing pumpkin necklace, Twix candy bar and pink nail polish. She was so excited as you can see from the picture. They made notes for their primary chorister, and took her a gift. She recently had a baby, so their leader made a blanket and they made cards. She was in heaven.


I worked 10 hours today. I got up at 5 am to exercise. Unfortunately, it cut my sleep to 6 hours getting up so early. I did yoga this morning. I had to be at work at 6:30 am. It was not the best day. My first patient was from hell. Very needy and very vocal. I started out with a house patient that didn't get done yesterday. My table wasn't working properly either and wouldn't come out of the room. Needless to day, I was 45 minutes behind after 1 patient. Everyone I scanned seemed to need extra attention today. My scanning was more difficult than usual and the new upgrade on the machine made me feel rather inadequate. There are things I don't know and I don't like that. My own insecurities I know, but I still don't like it. I will work harder to learn the new capabilities of the new machine. I am working a bit more at this location, so I will have the opportunity to do so.


Adam's treats went well today. Everyone liked them. Jared turned down a fishing trip to the Green River to be scout leader, and Dad. I felt bad about that, but it was his choice. Drew was a teenager today. He did not check in, which is not like him. Then he went to scouts with Dad, but I didn't know that. I was a bit worried, therefore, grumpy when he got home. Lukey is his usual happy go lucky self, until he gets over tired. Then he gets busy crazy or whiny. He was all of the above.


I am ready for bed. I scored 9 points today due to the sleep, darn it. No chance to nap today. I read an article today about knowledge, out of the Nov 2008 Ensign. "Even a Child can Understand", by Elder Gerald Causse Of the Seventy. I love the scripture in D & C 93: 96 "The Glory of God is intelligence." I remember reading that on the wall at the entrance of BYU. I thought that was really nea. I was 8 at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment