Thursday, October 21, 2010

Madi turns 8!

Our daughter turned eight years old today. I can't believe it. Where does time go? Was it eight years ago I held my baby girl for the first time? I remember being in labor for two days. I ha premature for 3 months on and off. I was finally 36 weeks. Every time I had gone went to the hospital, before they would give me a morphine shot to stop the contractions and send me home. I was already on Brethene which made my heart race, but it didn't always work. So on Oct, 21, 2002 the contractions weren't stopping. They couldn't really help me with meds due to two previous c-sections. They decided on a amnio to check her lungs. That was not a pleasant experience. I remember a "Zinging" pain as the dr went through the placenta. The fluid removed proved to the Dr and insurance company that she was indeed ready. We delivered a healthy baby girl at 5:17 pm by c-section. She weighed in at 6 lbs 9 oz and 18 inches long. She had tons of dark hair and she was beautiful. She was much more femine than the boys and she had my hands. Drew was 5 at the time and Adam was 21 months. Drew was excited and Adam was clueless.I forgot how little he was.

Birthdays at our house consist of birthday balloons and presents in your room when you wake up. Your favorite meal for dinner and lunch with Mom and Dad. We usually check them out of school for lunch. They choose the local and we enjoy. Today Miss Madi decided that Wendy's was the place. I tried to disuade her without success. She wanted a jr bacon cheeseburger, nuggets, fries, and a frosty.(All from the $1 menu :)). I got a salad of course. She also decided it would be more fun to invite her brother to join us. So we got take out and ate in the school cafeteria. As you can see from the photo, she was thrilled. They really are cute when they get along.

The got everything she wanted. Including a Rip-Stik I got online and had to overnight for the occasion. They only sell pink online you know. I made her her favorite meal, Shepherds pie, tracie style. And made her Chocolate puding Candy Bar cake. I had to work so they are waiting to do cake and ice cream when I get there. I haven't decided if I will endulge or not. Your only daughter only turns 8 once right? I'll let you know what I decide.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this blog entry. It brought memories of Tracie's 8th birthday. She was baptized on her birthday,and I was in the hospital having my 8th child. Her younger brother, Matt(ie), who was born August 29th. In those days you stayed forever. Not any more! Hope you had a great birthday Madi. Love, Grandma Mattie!

    ReplyDelete