Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday, October 8th, 2010

Well, today was an adventure. Both Jared and I had the day off. Jared went on a scout camp out this evening, so he took the day off to "prepare.' He had an agenda today, so I went along for the ride. Our original list consisted of Sportsman's Warehouse to find a new spool for his fly fishing reel. He mentioned on the way to Provo, we needed to get gas before we made it back.! (That is important for later.)

We went to four stores before we found the perfect new reel. Park's Sprotsman's had the right thing. Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!! He does have his birthday next week. He loves shopping for himself. I do not on the other hand. I like to be surprised. It makes it difficult to surprise him, so I have to pay attention and keep a list. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

The next stop was to be lunch then Costco. We made it to 500 East in American Fork. While waiting for the light, the truck started shuttering. "Oh Yeah! We need some gas." Unfortunately, we waited a little too long. We were in the middle lane and made it part way thru the intersection and ran out of gas. We jumped out of the car and pushed it to the curb, however, it was still in the inside lane and in the street. Try pushing a F350 with no power steering uphill into a parking lot. I enlisted the help of the workers inside the Safety and Emission we were in front of. I had to laugh at the situation. My sweet husband is conscientious of a lot of things. But how much gas in the tank is not one of them. He runs out of gas in his work truck almost once a month. He gets after me when I am running on fumes, and I had to return the favor, tongue in cheek. We both had a nice laugh about it. After 5 trips to the gas station for gas x 3, starting fluid and gas additive and an hour and a half later, our laughing wasn't as cheerful. However, I think it is better to laugh than to cry or get upset.

It shot most of the day. We did make it to Costco and back in time to get Jared off with the scouts. Drew didn't get to go because he has lacrosse camp in the morning. Adam will be going as well. He is so excited. Jared got to go sans the children, with his fly rod , new reel, and float tube. I hope he has fun, even though he is with the scouts.

Madi had her field trip today. She wasn't that pleased with the turn out. The walked about a mile each way to and from the Equestrian park in Lehi. They talked about cows apparently and farm stuff. Not something she was excited about since "I already know all that." I took a few pictures of her for her baptism invitations. She wasn't that excited about doing it and changing her clothes. she was pleased with the results and enjoyed the attention. They turned out darling. I will post some tomorrow.

We got pizza for dinner and watched Planet 51. The movie was nothing special. The kids liked it but I couldn't finish it. I am tired and will go to bed shortly.

I scored 10 points today. I ran 4 miles this morning. Read the New Era after Drew shared a thought with us. I took my free day today due to my adventures. I am off to bed. I have a busy day tomorrow. Yard work and all that, unless it rains. Hey, a girl can dream. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment