Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 5 Week 1

I found out today that I actually earn 10 points everyday instead of 8. So that brings my totals up a little bit. I earned 10 points today. I ran this morning, and slept great. I woke up before my alarm and was ready to get up.

My morning went pretty well. I tried to let Jared sleep in a bit and his stupid phone woke him up. Ugh! Technology is not always a benefit. Drew and I read the New Era together. I made breakfast sandwiches with a new find. Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins. No complaints for the most part. I informed the family a few weeks ago I will not buy white bread anymore. They keep asking for an explanation and I keep giving them the same one. "Whole grains are better for all of us". They aren't complaining as loud as they used to.

Work went well and quickly. It was a busy day. Those are the best kind because you don't have to think to hard, just go with the flow. I have been working on an "Open" scanner for the past 18 months as well as a closed one. It is like speaking a new language. I know the words but can't always get it translate. I do alright for the most part, but it is challenging sometimes. I guess that is why I like it. It is always something new and makes me think. I know I am a better technologist because of it. I have learned to be more creative and not just stick to the same old way of doing things.

I am on call tonight. There is a new office girl at the hospital and she is pretty clueless. Poor thing was not informed of what to do and who to call in when. Oh well. I got to come home. I got called back shortly after, but didn't make it to the hospital before I realized the patient did not need to be done tonight at one hospital and not until 11 pm at the other. So I am waiting to find out about that one. However, I get to tuck my little ones into bed and snuggle before I go again. Thank goodness for small blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Tracie,
    Welcome back to the blog-world. It is nice to keep tabs on what my family is up to.

    Sounds like you have a handle of ALL the things that are important and make memories at the same time. Way to go Jared. You are d'man! And, I admire you for how you treat my daughter-xoxoxos
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete